Monday, October 09, 2006

15 weeks 3 days



ahren says :


So Imelda is coming into her 16th week now and apparently you can tell the sex of the baby soon. Actually she is only at 15 weeks and 2 days but we are all so excited to know that we kind of forced Imelda to take a USG!
Mrs Khoman is particularly curious as she would like to know what colour of clothes to buy....for boy or girl!

So into the Doctors practice Imelda went. I quickly grabbed the video camera, Alice grabbed a toy gun for some reason (!?) and we all convened where the USG machine was stationed.
Imelda’s dad assumed "Doctor" mode, changing his tone and manner and I assumed "proud dad" mode, rolling the camera.
The only problem with our plan was that the baby must have been embarrassed and had its legs closed! After some time trying to see, we thought we needed a different approach.
Imelda rolled onto her sides, and we tried to look from there....nothing.
No matter how much we tried to motivate it, the baby just didn't want to show us its goodies.

Being extremely frustrated with the whole predicament I gave up on the whole venture. I turned off the camera.
It was at this time that I rather clumsily blurted out "Well if it is a girl I guess having its legs closed is a good sign..."
I then remembered I was in the presence of Mel's mum and dad.....
Luckily the good Dr. burst into a short machine-gun like laughter...I wasn't sure if he was amused or shocked and just wanted to break the silence...!

We decided that one last attempt at determining the sex remained. Imelda got up from the examination chair and proceeded to jog gently and move up and down on the spot. The whole thing was extremely humorous. Of course the jogging was aimed at trying to move the baby into a new position so that we could see some glimpse of what it was we so desperately wanted to see.

Imelda sat back in the chair..."Papi" applied more jell to the instrument and we all fixed out gaze on the screen...Like a Nasa team at the Houston base trying to identify an unidentified object we scoured the images for any sign of protruding flesh.
Of course, having only seen a USG a handful of times in my life and not the best at navigation I didn't really have any idea of where to look.
"What’s that?" I said gleefully....pointing to what I thought could be a promising sign..."The doctor replied..."a finger"...
"O yeah" I replied and moved out the way...

Minutes passed....the silence was excruciating. Alice repeated over and over again "Cowok atau Cewek" (Girl or Boy)" we all shhhed her as suddenly the babies legs opened.
"What's this?" the Doc exclaimed. "I think this is a boy..."
We all looked at the white mass that was between the legs of the baby
"Ini telurnya?" Mami said pointing to the screen.
Loosely translated I think that means..."This is the testicle?" Although telur also means egg so I was a little confused...
Everyone burst into laughter...
"Burung Ma!" Imelda said with a smile on her face
Burung means "bird", which also means winky...

Imelda then said that some babies can have protruding va-jay-jays, at which my father-in-law replied its is quite rare, and that most likely it was a boy. However in the coming weeks we would get full confirmation.

I guess we will have to wait and see...

Check out all the photos at http://the_baby.blogs.friendster.com:80/photos/the_baby/

We've archived pretty much everything. I'm hoping to get some video footage uploaded soon so stay tuned!

Regards,
Ahren


http://the_baby.blogs.friendster.com/creation/



mel says :

sang 'peanut' udah ga bisa dibilang peanut lagi. Biarpun gue kepengeennnn banget tau sex si baby apa, gue mencoba sabar. Soalnya, kan ini masih jalan 16 mg. Masih belum jelas sebenernya biarpun di USG. Tapii, calon oma dan calon bapak udah ga sabar. Jadi deh di USG juga pas 15w2d. Si baby kayaknya lagi tidur deh pas mulai USG. Posisinya : telungkup dengan plasenta diatas perut (hebat ga tuh, plasenta dijadikan bantalan hihihi). Gak lama kemudian, mulai gerak2 dikit2. Tapi tetap aja kedua kakinya masih ditekuk dan pas papi mindahin scanner USGnya, kakinya makin dirapetin. Akhirnya gue iseng poke2 dikit hihi (ssstt) sambil suruh Alice ngomong2 dikit dong sama babynya biar ngengkeng hahahha.. Gak berhasil juga. Hmmppffffhhhhhhh. Udah selang 20 menit akhirnya papi bilang coba deh berdiri dulu jalan2 dikit 5 menitan. Ternyata manjur lhooo... Dari kepalanya yang pertama USG sebelah kanan, jadi pindah total ke sebelah kiri. Gak lama kemudian kakinya rada ngengkeng..dan sepertinya ada 1 titik yang kata papi (katanya sihhh) seperti penis.
Waddooowww... langsung Ahren & Alice sama2 high-five!!!! Sinting! Hepinya dua mahluk itu.

Well, biarpun belum pasti2 100%, (gue bilang, mungkin ini case of "protruding vagina/clit) hehehhe), moga2 2-4 mg berikutnya udah ketauan yaaa. Biar tau mo beli baju warna ke cewe2an ato cowo2an. Ya gak?!

weight gain : untung weight gain masih under control. mungking sebabnya pas ketauan hamil, trus ga lamanya kan mulai mual2 seharian, ga bisa makan ini dan itu, makanya dari mg 5 - mg 13 sempat turun 2 kg-an. Skrg udah balik ke berat sebelum hamil dan baru +0.1 kg.
bulging update : my waistline is looking thicker. tummy hasnt really bulged unless i wear a swimsuit (probably). i think i look like i just ate at a buffet restaurant and finished everything :D
discomfort : mostly at night time, toilet trips could be 5-6 times a night, sleeping on left side could make my muscles ache sometime too. Certain cooking smells still a no-no. Cant eat alot otherwise I get pukey or very bloaty/gassy/burpy.
exercise : still planning :D
craving : nothing so far!
baby's heartbeat : 158 beats/minute

How your baby's growing at 15th weeks : At around 4 inches long, crown to rump, your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 ounces. He's busy inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, which will help develop the air sacs in his lungs. His legs are growing longer than his arms now, and he can move all his joints and limbs. That means his hands are more functional, too. Sweat glands are appearing, and although his eyelids are fused shut, he can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, he's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but his taste buds are beginning to form. And if you have an ultrasound, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or girl! (Don't be disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down the gender depends somewhat on how clear the picture is and the position of your baby during the ultrasound; he may be curled or turned in such a way as to keep you in suspense.)

1 shout-outs:

ikho said...

ahren, could you please post the ultrasound pics? thanks bub!!