Monday, December 11, 2006

Wow, my husband went on the operating table BEFORE I do!! *grin*

Yes, he did!!

I was just baking my last batch of Gingerbread Man cookies when Alwin, my youngest brother rang up. He told me Ahren's 'eye' was wounded. My heart raced. Then he said, ohh above his eye, the eyebrow. *phew* I really thought for a second there that he meant Ahren's eyeball!!!!

So he said meet us at the hospital. I quickly went to change and dragged my sister to accompany me. We couldn't reach my parents as they were still in the mass... Anyways, what happened was Ahren and his friend Mark had headbutted during their basketball game (one was in possession of the ball and one was trying to steal, is that right ahren????).

We got to the emergency room, saw Alwin was filling up some form and were told Ahren was in the other room. As we walked over, ugghhh there he was chit-chatting with Mark. His eyebrow was about 4-5cm ripped open. And Mark, only suffered a very light bruise. Just his luck that he got hit in the hardest/sharpest part of the eyebrow or that he's got very tough skin. :D


Apparently, it looked worse than it is (at least that's what my husband told me). As soon as it happened, blood started gushing out non-stop and made everyone panick. His coach rushed to him and I believe he put some tobacco on the cut.

I'm not so sure if it was safe but he meant well.

All in all, the night ended better. My dad showed up and took over to do the suture over an operating table in the operating room (had the ER guy done the suture, it might leave scars). So yeah.....he went on the operating table way before I do.... *laughs*

------------

I'm about to make some Scottish Shortbread. Just recieved the family recipe from Ahren's grandma in the email (Thanks heaps gma!! Happy Christmas to you and Grandpa too!!). Wish me luck!!

And, don't worry about Ahren, we're taking care of him very very well here.. *sweet smiles*

0 shout-outs: